Complaint Review: At&t - Nationwide
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I called At&t about the telemarketing "Neighbor Spoof" calls that I was receiving all day long on 6/29/2018. Heres the response I got from the customer rep:
- I can add more add ons to your calling plan
- As for the calls that have no phone number and say "Out of Area" on the caller ID. You probably don't have "Anonymous Call Rejection". I told her I do, her reply was that it's probably turned off (it wasn't because I tested it before calling). They can't do anything about it because the telemarketers are bypassing it.
- She offered even more At&t products.
- I asked if At&t can submit a formal complaint to the FCC, she said the FCC wasn't accepting any more complaints from At&t.
- She suggested I sign up with Nomorobo.com because it's run by the government. I could also upgrade my plan to their digital phone plan (At&t VoIP) or get a cell phone plan.
- When I told her that the calls were harassment, she told me to call the police. I called the police and they said to contact my phone company.
I also submitted my complaint at At&t Community, which is their online help forum. But that was waste of time, they didn't answer my question and their troll users made fun of my comments and questions.
The calls started up again on 7/02/2018, so I called At&t again. Here's the response I got this time:
- It's digital calls coming from a computer, their "Anonymous Call Rejection" doesn't work with that.
- I could to sign up with Nomorobo, it's owned by At&t and it's free to At&t U-verse Voice (At&t VoIP).
- He also said that "National Do Not Call Registry" might've expired and I would have to sign up again (This isn't true, the FTC website specifically states that it never expires).
- He also said that At&t constantly submits complaints to the FCC.
Last year, when I got bombarded by telemarketing calls (aka scam calls), I contacted At&t and submitted a complaint. Guess what happened? The telemarketing calls completely stopped. So, I find it very suspicious that they didn't do the same thing this time. In my opinion, it looks more like they allowed these telemarketers to harass me, so I would abandone my landline for their At&t VoIP (aka At&t U-verse Voice) or cell phone plans. If that's true, that's a very deceptive marketing tactic.
If you've had a similar experience with At&t, please file a complaint with the FTC and FCC so they can investigate them. This type of behavior shouldn't be tolerated. Also, note that telemarketers that hide their real number (or caller ID spoofing) can still be traced. The FTC has stopped various illegal telemarketing operations that have done this, so they can be traced and prosecuted.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2018 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/att/nationwide/att-at-and-t-att-customer-service-only-care-about-making-sales-1454122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.