X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: AT&T - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: michelle rizzolo — daytona beach Florida USA
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I have been paying AT&T for 12.0 mbps for three months. I have been at 10.0mbps at the highest speed test run on ookla. I have repeatedly been dropped daily with no internet at all. It will be down for hours.  Throughout the day I have to fix the "router and access point" in network diagnosis. It will apply the fix and my speed will go up a little bit. Most of the time in evening I am at 6.0mbps or lower. I have called them numerous times with no fix in site. They will send a tech out for $100.00. They also freeze up my laptop when it is out with the AT&T repair page. Also all of my browser icons change to the AT&T blue globe icon. I cannot even read a cache page. They keep my browser on the repair page for hours. I have to reboot the router fully then wait for a signal throughout the day.

Every time i call to complain they tell me, its me but they say a tech will come out for 100.00. I have paid them over 300.00 so far for the initial install 100.00 and 3 months bills including unwanted monthly equipment fees i was never told about and over 60.00 in taxes. I don't know what to do? I have a year service contract with them. I am paying 55.00 monthly plus taxes and fees. They are not providing me with service i have been paying for. I see it only getting worse daily. They are scamming me. I have a brand new computer and have all wi-fi adapter settings correct. Initially in the first week I was seeing 12.0mbps on speed test. So i know its not me. I have never changed the settings. I am reporting them today for fraud. They have lied to me repeatedly and brushed me off as If I do not understand.

This is CONSUMER FRAUD. I am stuck being taken advantage of and paying for services I am not receiving. Please help, I am on social security and live alone. I have no money for the 100.00 tech service call. Also is it right they charge me a 100.00 connect fee for the initial start-up cost? They also charge me 6.00 a month for protection in case my equipment fails or i need a service tech. which i have to pay but when you call with problems in your speed they require another 100.00 to come and repair? I am being scammed! already out $330.00 in 2 and a half months for what is supposed to be 12.0mbps. I always get less than 10.0mbps usually around 6.0mbps. I run the speed test throughout the day and it fluctuates constant changing up and down. so slow most of the time I cannot run a video or page takes over 20 seconds to come in.

This has been told to them by me at least 3 times a week. nothing changes. please help i do not know what to do? If I drop them all together they will charge me for a full year anyway plus disconnect fees and extra service charges. I have no re-course and no resolve. This is fraud with a consumer being devastated and abused by it. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2015 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/att/nationwide/att-att-u-verse-fraud-ongoing-nationwide-1236331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair