X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: MyHeritage - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: David Sewell — Internet Australia
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • MyHeritage Internet United States of America

MyHeritage Myheritage wrongly charged credit card and refuse to answer my email and refund my money Internet

*UPDATE Employee: MyHeritage official response

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

My subscription was due for renewal but I did not specifically agree nor give consent to renew the membership.  However, my credit card was charged.  I then wrote to MyHeritage a few times about this but received no response for 2 weeks. I also wrote to Plimus but received no response.  Now, I cant get anyone to respond to this matter.  I have written to my  bank to cancel the changes to my credit card.  Since MyHeritage have not responded for 2 weeks, I can only wonder whether they will ever reply to me !  In this case, it seems that they can just take my money without my consent just because they have my credit card details.  This is certainly unethical ! If Myheritage don't reply soon to me, I can only assume that they are deliberate and their actions are just fraudulent ! In these circumstances, I would like to warn people against using their services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/myheritage/internet/myheritage-myheritage-wrongly-charged-credit-card-and-refuse-to-answer-my-email-and-refun-932645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

MyHeritage official response

AUTHOR: MyHeritage support team Rhianna - (United States of America)

POSTED: Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the service you received at MyHeritage.

I show you originally purchased a family site subscription for two years on September 19, 2010. That subscription had automatic renewal and was set to be renewed on August 19, 2012.

30 days before you were set to renew, we sent you a notice that your account would automatically be charged so you could decide if you wanted to extend your current family site subscription.

Here's a copy of the letter that was sent:

Sent: July 20 2012 (36 days ago)
Hi David,

On September 19 2010, you purchased a Premium subscription on MyHeritage for 2 years. That subscription will renew automatically on August 19 2012 (in one more month) and your credit card will be charged US $75.00(plus VAT if applicable) for one more year.

Keep the subscription going to enjoy uninterrupted service. If you wish to cancel your subscription for any reason, reply to this email and ask to cancel, and we'll take care of it for you.

Best regards,
MyHeritage.com team

I'm showing that on August 21, 2012 after you received the confirmation of your payment, you replied to the payment confirmation email, which is a Do Not Reply email.

I don't find a reply to the reminder email above, which asks you to reply if you want to cancel.

When we received your response to the Do Not Reply email, we tried to call you several times. On August 23, 24 and today the 26th.

In any case, I have refunded you now. You will receive formal notification of the refund from Plimus our billing company.

If you have any problems, let us know. You can reply to this report - we'll make sure to get back to you asap.

----------

For others reading this ripoff report: we monitor refunds closely and they are handled on a first priority basis.

We always try to resolve any issues that may be preventing you from using the service. If we are unable to do so, we will issue a refund.

This might take several days to process (holidays and weekends not included) so be patient with us - we'll do our best to get your refund to you as soon as possible.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair