Complaint Review: Amazon - Seattle Washington

• Reported By: Edwardsville Illinois
  • Amazon
    1200 12th Ave S Ste 1200
    Seattle, Washington

Amazon rips off their customers and the businesses that rely on them. ripoff Seattle Washington

I own a small business and one of the venues I use to sell my products is through Amazon. Two devious customers, out of over a hundred people, accused me of selling copied DVD's. No proof at all was provided. No proof whatsoever. I receive the DVD's I sell from a wholesale distributor online. [name blocked] is the name of the site I purchase from. The company has assured me these discs are 100% authentic and I believe them.

However, Amazon.com has cancelled my account and threatened to illegally debit my checking account (without my permission) to refund the customer. I am also a consumer who uses Amazon to purchase products. Not anymore. Amazon.com illegally cancelled my account with no proof at all as the allegations.

For all Amazon knows, these 2 customers copied the DVD's themselves and then wanted a refund. It is not uncommon for that to happen. I have ran my business for over 3 years and have never been so ignorantly and rudely treated.

I am currently consulting my attorny to see if a civil suit is justifiable in this case. For Amazon to give me the boot after the money I, as a consumer and business owner, have given them is just too much for words. The complete, total lack of proof is what boggles my mind. Also the threat of TAKING money from my bank account without authorization.

So, if anyone is upset with a person on Amazon, just have a couple of your buddies report them for some bogus act to get them banned. Or better yet, just boycott the website and the jerks who run it.

Harry
Edwardsville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2007 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazon/seattle-washington-98144/amazon-rips-off-their-customers-and-the-businesses-that-rely-on-them-ripoff-seattle-washi-236266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content