X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Berwyn Pennsylvania

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lin — Chesterbrook Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Enterprise Rent-A-Car 790 Bear Hill Rd, Rte 252 Berwyn, Pennsylvania USA

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Enterprise trapping contract Berwyn Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: issue resolved

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

My car was hit in the Mall parking lot, and it was all other people's fault. His insurance company understood it is all their customer's fault, the agent told me they will take care of everything for me. I do not need to pay anything to fix the car and I can rent a car when my car is at shop. They called the Enterprise in Berwyn, and I went there to pick up a rental car.

A gentleman called Andrew welcomed me, and asked me some questions, he asked whether I have car insurance. I told him I did have state farm, but I am not sure whether it covers me for a rental car( later I found out state farm covers me for a rental car). And I also told him this accident is all other people's fault, I really do not need to pay anything myself. Andrew said to me "maybe you can use our insurance". I do not know what that means, I emphasized I do not need to pay anything. Later he asked me to sign a contract, I went through every page and signed, there was no where mentioned money related things. I think everything should be set for me. Andrew asked me to give him my credit card just in case for damage.

I used the rental car for about two days, and a while later I saw there was $43 charges on my credit card. I called them about this money, the guy on the phone suggested me to call my own insurance. I called State Farm and they told me my insurance should cover me if I use a rental car, that charge was added by Enterprise, they will not pay for me. I called the insurance company of the other person who handled my case, they refused to pay, either. I called Enterprise again, this time a lady told me I bought their optional coverage, what is this coverage works, etc. But this information was never mentionied by Andrew the first time. I did not remember I see money like thing in the contract. They told me they found the contract I signed on that day, and the pay rate informaton is in the contact.

If this informaotn was provided the fist time, I will definitely say no to this optional coverage. I told them I should not pay anything myself, but I ended up paying $43 to them. I feel this is very trapping contract. I tried to explain to their manager for refund, but she refused. I tried again, people said we will give you a call back. But they never called me back. I found this Enterprise really sucks. Please stay away from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2017 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/enterprise-rent-a-car/berwyn-pennsylvania-19312/enterprise-rent-a-car-enterprise-trapping-contract-berwyn-pennsylvania-1404520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

issue resolved

AUTHOR: Lin - (United States)

POSTED: Thursday, November 09, 2017

Followed the enterprise's response, I contacted Carol, and tis issue was resolved. I got full refund and I am very satisfied with the final solution. Thank you very much for enterprise to take care of my issue, and thank you so much for ripoffreport to make my voice heard!

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: - (United States)

POSTED: Friday, November 03, 2017

Lin,

we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences.  I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers.  We would like to speak with you further.  Please email ehiescalationscc@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this situation. Thank you. – Carol H.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair