Complaint Review: IRS - Washington DC

• IRS
    1111 Constitution Ave NW
    Washington, DC
    United States

IRS Internal Revenue Service IRS Internal Revenue Service - website has been broken for months; I cannot contact anybody by phone Washington DC

For weeks I have been trying to file a request for an online payment plan. It doesn't work. Don't bother to call them. I was on hold for 3 hours and when somebody finally answered, we were disconnected. I tried another time and gave up after waiting after 2 hours.

I tried filing online 5 different times and it always errors when I press the submit button. When filing online, every entry I have made is accepted so there is nothing wrong with the information I have added but I always get an error when I pres the Submit button.

The error message says to call for technical help. Help is not available on weekends and only usable from 7 am to 7 pm on weekdays. Nobody ever answers. Filing online has the cheapest filing fee. No wonder it never works !!! Filing on the phone - forget that; you're on hold forever and you will never be able to speak to anybody.

Filing by mail is the only way to file successfully. At least, I think I will be successful. I will be trying it tomorrow. But the filing fee is the highest of the 3 choices. In other words, the IRS does not let you contact them, does not fix their website, and the US taxpayer suffers by having to pay a huge fee for something that should be free to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2018 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/irs/washington-dc-20224/irs-internal-revenue-service-irs-internal-revenue-service-website-has-been-broken-for-m-1449498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content